"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankfulness - Veterans Day

. . .is what I long for.

Many of you may have seen the statement that floated around the social networking sites the last few months. It goes something like, "What if you woke up tomorrow with only those things you were thankful for today?" Akkk...convicting!!! Don't we take for granted all we have been given?

Often I think I'm very thankful, because I am truly grateful to have the people, job, physical and spiritual blessings that the Lord has given. But knowing you are blessed with something is not the same as being thankful. And it is a discipline of sorts, to actually express thanks for things, big and small.

Currently I'm LOVING all the thankfulness statuses on Facebook. I struggle with all the negativity that populates the networking avenues so often, and as much as I love quotes from famous people (and I do love them), it has been so refreshing to see the personal things my friends are thankful for. Very encouraging.
Thank you if you are one of them!

I missed the first couple of weeks to do it myself, and I'm kind of bummed. But I will tell you, I appreciate the reminders to be thankful in my own life. It's important to verbalize it, don't you think? And not just at Thanksgiving TIME, but always. In our families, in our workplaces and in our churches. It's easy to complain, compare, and critique, but so much more edifying to express thankfulness.

My personal challenge this week beginning today is going to be to try to express thanksgiving verbally to someone around me each day. It's always a good reminder to me to lift my praises to our Lord. As encouraging as they are to me, it must just make Him smile to know we realize our need of Him in our daily activities.

Today, I am thankful for girlfriends to hang out with, giggle with, and make holiday plans with :).

I'm also very thankful for veterans like my Grandpa Kihle and PawPaw and Grandpa Beeman, and brother Joe who gave so much of themselves to serve and protect our USA. THANK YOU, and happy Veterans Day to you and ALL the others too numerous to name here who served or are serving. I am thankful for you, your service, and am proud of you!!


2 comments:

Joanne said...

Love it! My goal was to post something each day the I'm thankful for, and I've not kept up! Doesn't mean I can't start now ;-) Thanks for the reminder.
Love You

Justin said...

Great post and great reminder, precious wife! I'm thankful for you.