"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Sunday, September 6, 2009

Windy night in the big D!

If you ever need help blowing up an air mattress, I have the ccontact for you! My soon-to-be 16 year old cousin (Danny) has the mad skill to not only play baseball like a star in the making and to drive his sweet Ford Focus like a pro, but he also has enough air to get his bed firm and comfy when the pump gives out!

I pride myself in knowing that I can accommodate up to four extra people in in my two bedroom apartment because of my double guest bed, and my queen air mattress. Not only that, I purchased a battery powered air pump to make the process simple and seamless.

What I didn't realize, was that if you leave the pump uncharged, in it's box in the closet for over a year, that it will take more than an evening to re-charge the batteries. So, at 11:00pm last night when we're preparing the beds, I whip out my pump and turn it on just to realize it's starting at only half power. When the mattress reached 4/5 capacity, my magnificent pump slowly groaned to a mild grumble with barely the strength to keep air from coming back out of the mattress.

I was worried that he was going to have to sleep with his rear end dipping to the floor through the limp air mattress, or try to fold his long body on our shorter-than-he-is couch, but at the last minute, we decided to test his lung capacity and he proved that he is truly winded-in a great way! Several power puffs, and his bed lay firm and full, ready to support a young man who earned his night of sleep :o)

On top of that, Justin and I had such a fun time eating, talking, playing cards, touring the Rangers stadium, and drinking bubble tea, that it was sad to wave goodbye this afternoon. Just another reminder how precious family is, and how grateful I am to have a family that gets excited about visits and visiting! I have been blessed abundantly!

No comments: