"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Friday, September 11, 2009

In Memory 9/11

I was a senior in high school the evening of 9-11-01, and had an accounting test as part of my homeschool co-op. None of us could believe we were still holding class, especially because we had a scheduled test. However, our teacher explained the importance of staying focused and moving ahead, even in the midst of tragedy, so following a prayer for our nation and families directly affected by the plane crashes, we proceeded with our test.

The rule was that when we finished a test and turned it in, we could quietly occupy ourselves with reading or whatever until everyone in the class was finished. Following the submission of my exam, I decided to write a poem and this is what poured out, almost word for word without stopping. Sometimes lyrical poetry is the easiest way to turn something over to God, and to pray, and to try to encourage others.

God Is Good

God is good, all of the time,
When I'm poor as a mouse and don't have a dime.
He loves me even when I'm ungrateful,
He's always near me, ever faithful.

Rejoice in the Lord, all you peoples of the earth,
For He is the sole One responsible for your birth.
He knit you creatively piece by piece,
And made you a daughter, a grandpa, a niece.

If God cares for birds who are so tiny and small,
Won't He watch over you both short and tall?
Praise Him above with all of your heart,
For all He has done for us from the start.

He gave us salvation, took our sins away,
Repent to Him now, just do it today.
Christ gave up His live so that I may live,
I'm so very thankful that I am His.

So now during trial of life and of patience,
I look to Him to uphold me with His graciousness.
I know for certain that I am loved,
And always watched from up above.

God is in control, He always is,
His mercy and grace He surely will give.
I'll make it through this uncertain time,
For God is good, all of the time.

No comments: