"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year Challenge

It's a new year and there are lots of things we as people try to do to better ourselves and our lives as we move forward with a fresh calendar. Amazingly, I have a pretty open calendar in the year of 2010 so far, but one thing I know is that I want to mark it up with scripture memory.

Most believers agree that it is important to memorize scripture, but find it hard to commit to, make time for, and follow through with. This year, ask God to show you how important it is to your walk, and commit to put His Words in your heart. No one can ever take away what you hide in your heart, and what goal for such a time as this!

"I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against Thee." Psalm 119:11
"They Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105
"Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16

At the end of last year I saw http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/ (Beth Moore's ministry blog) where ladies across the globe had been working together to memorize two verses a month. That's my challenge to myself and to you this year. Choose two passages a month that you can commit to memory. I will post my verses here as I work on new ones every other week, and I would love to hear what you are working on, and how God is using it to empower your daily living!!

Verse one for me is found in Deuteronomy 5:32-33.

"Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left.
Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God hath commanded you, that ye may live, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your days in the land which ye shall possess."


Ready! Set! Memorize!

No comments: