"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Saturday, February 20, 2010

"Oh yes I did!"

That's right. I did it. Something I never thought I would do. Maybe I will regret it, maybe I won't. It's too early to tell. Probably what I need is a picture taken. Then when I have had a couple of weeks to sleep on it I can look back and see what I did.

Likely I will laugh and say, "that's not so bad!" But the next time I try to do it, it just won't be the same.

I wore my favorite jeans with a dress!!! Ahh, there! I said it.

Not a formal wear to church on Sunday type dress, but an above the knee, cotton shirt-like dress. Pink.

You might not think that's a big deal, but let me explain. I have often wondered about it, and never been sure I'd seen it successfully pulled off. On the other hand I could definitely imagine it on a mannequin at New York and Co. or Forever 21, but at the same time, not everything you find on a mannequin should actually be worn in public.

In the corner of my mind I could also imagine someone thinking I was pregnant becuase of the "big shirt" effect: not cool. "But I don't look pregnant, do I?" (I'm not either, just in case that thought is crossing your mind right now. This mental rant is a normal occurance in my very UN-pregnant, female brain).

So, I finally decided I that since I wanted to wear something cute and create a new outfit from clothes already in my closet, I would hopefully be able to pull of the confident, trend-fashion gait as I left my apartment in a style I couldn't have imagined myself wearing 6 months ago.

And here I am. Sitting at Panera, enjoying this blog confession while simultaneously feeling "I did okay" and being grateful that I don't have a camera (and that I'm alone. :)

My wardrobe affirmation: As I walked into Panera, a lady walked out wearing (you guessed it) a long dress like shirt. The only problem...she was carrying a baby in her arms.

No comments: