"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I love being random!

Random thoughts of today…

I love it that people at Starbucks will play along with me when I accidentally pull out my AAA card for payment. “You guys don’t take that, do you?” I asked, smiling at my own ridiculousness.
“What was it?”
“A ‘AAA’ card.”
“No," he said. "Only on weekends.”
The only thing that would have made that day better was if he had given me my drink for free :)

I love it when you meet someone and you just know you are kindred spirits. Things just click, and you understand each other in a special way even though the friendship is new.

I love old friendships that are comfortable and reliable. Honesty prevails, and even when one of you is uncharacteristically spontaneous, it isn’t stressful, but rather an absolute blast.

I love it when little kids say exactly what they are thinking. “Is that a hat?” my nephew sincerely asked me at lunch one day.
“Is this a hat?” I asked, pointing to the chandelier over head.
“No, is that a hat?” His little stature is completely facing upwards from his chair beside me and he points to something seemingly above my head. Turning to look, I try to identify what he could possibly think resembles a hat.
“Is that a hat?” Again, I point toward the ceiling. Dissatisfied with my suggestion, he tries one more time, pointing up over him and toward the ceiling.
“Is THIS a hat?” I said pointing to the top of my own head.
“Yes!”
I almost died laughing! “No, this is not a hat. That’s my HAIR, Silly!!” Apparantly he didn't appreciate my fashionable do!

I love phone conversations with family, especially when conversation leads to laughter!

I love that I married the most amazing man ever, and that he loves me as Christ loves me.

I love that our God is gracious enough to allow pleasure in the small things, to plan perfect timing in conversations and emails, to provide financially and physically, to give us His written word-alive and active, to love us when we’re unlovable, and to save us when we are beyond reach.

I love that God IS love, and that we were created in His image to love Him and others above all else, and that because He loves us, we can fulfill what we were created for!

No comments: