"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Thursday, February 12, 2009

Addicted to Addictions

Bubble tea. Friend time. Treats. Surprises. Dessert. Eating out. Making plans. Crochet. AFV. Dreaming about the future. Thinking up ministry opportunities.

I'm addicted.

The more I thought about it , I realized, that I am addicted to BEING addicted. I get some of my biggest kicks out of the next exciting thing, big plan, or simple bubble tea.

The excitement of being excited has become the pattern for my life.

As my husband and I are trying to buckle down and pay off our loans as quickly as possible, I'm finding myself experiencing withdrawals from all the excitement; and a new addiction to saving as much money as possible.

This can't be good. Although each thing is harmless in itself, the realization of how much I depend upon these things for excitement throughout the week was really humbling. And I think the next few months will be a detox period for me: a time to get a grip on what drives me and gives me energy and purpose.

I know God is the giver of life, and that He gives me purpose and a plan, but I must truly seek the meaning of putting HIm first in everything, and letting Him be enough. My All in All. My Everything!

Any suggestions from your own personal experience?

No comments: