"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who are you rubbing off?

"As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." -Proverbs 27:19

"For out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." -Matthew 12:34

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works, and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." -Matthew 5:16

"Every life is a profession of faith, and exercises an inevitable and silent influence." -Henri Frederic Amiel

Every little thing that we say and do leaves a whiff of ourselves behind.

What are you filling your mind and heart with each day, so that when you rub off on someone, they smell Jesus? Is your perfume one that induces headaches and a rash? Could it be such a shallow scent, that it isn't even strong enough for others to notice or remember?

Or do your habits include such soulful cleansing and communion, that Christ touches and lingers after your each encounter?

Lord, may You be my reason for getting out bed, for spending time in Your word, and be the foundation of my thoughts. As the Psalmist says, "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight." I want You to rub off on those I come into contact with each day, that You may receive honor and glory. Amen.

No comments: