"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Thursday, January 26, 2012

Every Morning


His mercies are new. And I am so thankful!


Some mornings I wake up with the world on my shoulders. Do you know the feeling? As soon as you wake up, your mind is flooded with the list of things that must get done in that day and the burden even makes you stand a little lower. Certainly it doesn’t feel like there is energy to make it to lunch, let alone the activities after dinner.


I had a morning like that this week. I had slept fairly well the night before but upon waking, the burdens of the day woke with me and lodged themselves in my mind.


On my drive to work I remember listening to a discussion about worship. I can’t remember anything from the talk except for this phrase: “His mercies are new every morning.” As I mediated on it in my mind and heart, I turned my thoughts from not being able to handle the agenda for the day to the fact that God gives His strength to handle the day. I don’t have to do it alone. Immediately I felt the stress trickle away like water in a sieve, while at the same time joy and thankfulness replaced the anxiety. His mercies are new, and today, right now, they are new. Not recycled from yesterday, or only what is left over after last night, they are new: in full and with strength and power. That is good news. And I stood taller and lived better because of that truth.


What are you facing today that has you slumping, or unable to get out of bed? Are you carrying around extra emotional weight because it seems you are alone or that if you don’t worry about it, who will? Take a moment to remember that God’s strength is able, and when Christ is in You, His strength is available to you: new and fresh. Every morning.


"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV



1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm so grateful for that as well, Kari Jo! Thanks for the reminder, and for sharing!
lo

Love you