"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Saturday, November 21, 2009

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

Saturday

Sergio: our friendly little kitty (little may not be the best adjective) has made our home so much fun. He is friendly, social, quiet, talented, and sweet. Whenever I sit on the couch, he comes up to at least partially perch on my lap or arm.

Ability: I'm thankful for the ability to use all five senses. I can see, hear, smell, touch, and taste the things God has created, as well as learn how to use the spiritual abilities He has given. I can sing praises to His name and hear the voices of a choir that blows my mind away, knowing that it's like experiencing a glimpse of heaven. I can tell others what God has done, and touch the lives of those around me as the Holy Spirit prompts.

Timepieces: I'm not speaking of a watch fetish, but rather decorative clocks. Time is one of the essentials of each day, and the atmosphere and character that a good clock adds to a home, makes it an essential for keeping order in zones: both comfort and time.

Unalienable rights: Enough said.

Races: Red, brown, yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight! The more opportunity I have to fellowship with people from around the world, the more I see and appreciate the creativity and variety of our Awesome God! It's a blessing to me just learning what life is like in another culture.

Date night: I love it when my husband takes me out, surprises me or joins me in spontenaeity. Camping out in the livingc room is one of my favorite abnormal activities :)

Active Listening: One of the greatest ways I feel loved and try to show love is when someone listens to what is on my heart with both eyes and both ears. When someone asks questions that dig deeper into the topic, and show interest into what the speaker is saying, it shows that he cares about the speaker. I think it means so much because it requires selflessness: putting someone's interests about one's own interest and time.

Yams: Ok, not yams but sweet potatos: baked. And don't forget the butter and brown sugar. Yum!

No comments: