"How Much of Me Does God own?" Deuteronomy 6:4-9

Challenged by how much more I could do as a Christian to make myself stand out from the world. Not as a boastful or showy demonstration, but as a life changed so thoroughly from within, that everyone whom God allows me to come into contact with has no doubt that it is Christ's power within my weakness that makes me strong! Nothing more. Absolutely in Christ Alone!











Thursday, November 19, 2009

Giving Thanks

It's a week until Thanksgiving, and I am so excited. Going to have a great time with family, and enjoy a few days off of work. Most importantly, it will be a specific time set aside to thank God for the many blessings He's given.

I hope to post everyday from now until Thanksgiving day, with a list of things to be thankful for: one for each letter in the spelling of that day of the week. We should live daily with thanksgiving on our lips, but it takes practice. So, here it goes!!

Thursday-
Time: A new day every day with new mercies and the strength of the Lord.
Health: I'm grateful to God for the health that Justin and I have experienced so far this season! Understanding: I'm thankful for my best friend and husband, who is gifted with the ability to be understanding even when he doesn't understand!
Righteousness: The Imputed righteousness through Christ alone
Savior: Without my Savior Jesus Christ, I would have no purpose for the past, power for the present, or promise for the future.
Driving: How much of the country, and other countries would I have missed if it weren't for the ability to drive!
Apple Cider: Such a special fall treat, and the perfect accompaniment for a napping blanket and a good book.
Yearbooks: I don't think I will ever tire of looking back through all the pictures and remembering so many fun times and great people!

What are you thankful for today? Let His praises be on your lips!

No comments: